AMD GPU Miner is Ready for the March 9th Monero Hard Fork
Cryptonight variant 4 (CNv4) also know as CryptonightR will be the new mining algorithm after the upcoming Monero hard fork planned for block number 1788000 that is expected sometime on March 9th. SRBMiner 1.7.9 is the first AMD miner to support the new CryptonightR algorithm, though others will probably soon follow as the time for the fork approaches.
Apart from the CryptonightR support the latest version brings support for a few other algorithms, some new features as well as bug fixes as one would expect. You can find the full changelow below. Do note that the developer fee is ~0.85% for both normal mode and algorithm switching mode as SRBMiner is a closed source miner available for AMD GPU miners only under Windows.
SRBMiner V1.7.9 Full Cangelog:
– Added new Monero algo ‘Cryptonight R’
– Added algo ‘Wownero’
– Added algo ‘Conceal’
– Added algo ‘Zelerius’
– Added algo ‘Xcash’
– Replaced ‘Mox’ algo with new ‘Mox V8’ algo
– Added parameter ‘maxnosharesent’ in cmd
– Added parameter ‘randomnonce’ in cmd
– Added parameter ‘enablecoinforking’ in cmd
– Added algo switching info in json and on html stats page
– Lot of bug fixes